Essay Writing Competitions Australia News
Do you write non-fiction essays? Then this competition is for you!
The Calibre Essay Prize is open for its 12th year.
This prize is hosted by the Australian Book Review (ABR) and according to the website: “is one of the world’s leading prizes for an original non-fiction essay. It is now worth a total of $7,500.”
And good news – it’s not just open to Australian residents. It’s open to anyone in the world who writes in English.
So, what does a submission involve?
From the ABR website: “Essays must range from 3000 to 6000 words and be written in English.”
First prize is AUD$5000 and second prize is AUD$2500. In 2017, Michael Adam won first prize with his essay Salt Blood.
From the ABR website: “Salt Blood’ is a remarkable and highly original meditation on freediving and mortality.” Second prize in 2017 was To Speak of Sorrow by Darius Sepehri and was “about the many kinds of grief and their different expressions in writing and culture, as lament, testimony, or ritual.”
This year’s judges are Andrea Goldsmith, Phillipa McGuinness, and Peter Rose (ABR Editor and CEO).
Entries close 15 January 2018.
Find out more and to enter, go to the ABR website.
Let's find the best writers of Oz
Australian custom writing service EssayRoo presents a writing contest that offers great cash prizes. Do you think you're a whiz at creating top quality assignments? Do you want to put your skills to the test? Do you value a new challenge? Then this contest is for you.To win the contest, all you need to do is pick a topic from our list below, and write up the best essay you can. Be original, argue your case thoughtfully, and bring out some new and interesting points, and you can be in with a chance of winning.
Pencils Down! The Contest Is Closed
How to enter
All you have to do is write your assignment, then 'like' EssayRoo's Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. Then, share or retweet one of our posts. Once you've done that, send us an email with your essay and screenshot from where you share these posts so we can confirm you're eligible to enter the contest.
Please send your submissions to email@example.com
There's no cost at all for entry, and it's available to anyone in the world who wants to enter. Do you think you have what it takes? Then read on!
- How has education changed since the introduction of the internet?
- How can app technology help improve learning?
- Will online resources spell the end of traditional academic journals?
- Is having a degree enough to cut it in the working world of Australia?
- How can you achieve a work/life balance as a student?
- How can volunteering help your academic studies?
- What's the best way to go about writing an essay?
- What makes a good writing assignment?
Do you think you have something new and interesting to say about any of these topics? Then get writing and let us know! Winning entries will show that the writer can research their topic well, use evidence to back up their arguments, and engage the reader with their work.
- First prize: $3000
- Second prize: $2500
- Third prize: $1500
All payments will be made in Australian dollars or it's equivalent in US dollars, depending on winners locations.
All entries must be sent to us between July 18th 2016 - March 1st 2017. The winners will be announced on March 7th 2017.
- By submitting your paper, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the contest, and accept the judge's decision as final.
- All entries must be your own original work. All entries will be checked scrupulously for plagiarism. If we determine any of your work to be plagiarised, your entry will be instantly disqualified.
- All entries should be between 600-800 words.
- All entries must be written in English only.
- Entries can be submitted in the following file formats: .doc, .pdf, and .docx. Images can be used in your essay if you feel that they are necessary to your work.
- Please provide your contact details in email.
Our highly qualified, PhD writers will be judging entries to this competition. Thanks to their combined years of experience in the field, they know exactly what to look for in the perfect essay. Make sure you submit your best work in order to get their attention!
Firstly, the top three entries will win fantastic cash prizes, and who can say no to that? Also, your work will be confirmed as being top quality by our judges, and your entry will be put on display as a great example of academic writing.
Still think you have what it takes? Pick your topic and get started! We're excited to see what the entrants come up with, and hopefully you'll get in some academic writing practice while you're competing for first place. Make sure you read the guidelines closely before you begin, and good luck!