Surgical Tech Cover Letter Example
Surgical Tech Cover Letter
Surgical Techs assist surgeons during medical procedures and are also responsible for preparations. Eligible candidates hold an Associate’s Degree in surgical technology. Typical job duties of a Surgical Tech include: disinfecting and preparing equipment, replenishing disinfecting solutions, preparing patients for surgery, positioning patients on the operating table, passing equipment and sterile materials, helping to dress wounds, and transporting patients back to their rooms.
Based on our selection of cover letter samples for Surgical Tech, essential job qualifications include:
- Surgical technology expertise
- Medical teamwork
- Reliability and integrity
- Bedside manners
- Observation spirit and attention to details
- Effective communication
- Infection control knowledge
- Organization and time management
Those interested in a Surgical Tech job can check relevant skills and abilities in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Surgical Tech Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Thompson:
When I learned of your posting for a Surgical Tech, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an educated and skilled surgical technologist with six years of experience ensuring the proper use and maintenance of surgical equipment before, during, and after surgery, I will make a significant impact as a member of your team.
My background includes experience assisting surgeons, surgical assistants, nurses, and anesthesiologists during medical procedures. From performing all facets of CST work to ensuring accuracy and sharp attention to detail, I have the skill set and the drive to excel in this role. Furthermore, I possess excellent team collaboration and communication skills, along with a proven dedication to providing optimal patient care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Serving as a Surgical Technologist in an externship role in 110+ surgeries encompassing General, OB/GYN, Orthopedic, Labor & Delivery, Urology, Neurology, and ENT.
- Facilitating seamless surgical procedures by preparing rooms, sterilizing instruments, inspecting and testing equipment, draping/gowning/gloving, anticipating surgeon and staff needs, and coordinating after-care tasks.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to foster a cohesive and collaborative team environment and maintain healthy relationships with surgeons, peers, and administrative staff.
- Receiving distinction as a multiple “Employee of the Month” in 2013, 2014, and 2016.
- Earning a Certificate in Surgical Technology from Mesa Community College.
With my solid knowledge of surgical technologist responsibilities, along with my commitment to superior patient care, I am prepared to exceed your expectations in this challenging role and I look forward to discussing the position in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Michael W. Fitzpatrick
Surgical Technologist Cover Letter
One industry that has been growing since times immemorial is the health care industry and the demand keeps increasing. But, to get a job as a surgical technologist one needs to have an exceptional cover letter, as this will be your first impression on the employer. Every cover letter that you send has to be customized as per the job requirements and also it avoids sending the same generic letter to everyone. You have to make yourself stand out from the crowd and force the employer to read your resume. Here are a few things to keep in mind while writing a cover letter:
- On the left side of the letter, write your complete name along with medical honorifics if you have any. Try using a larger font here to give a better visual appeal. After your name, write your address, mobile number, your e-mail address, and the current date
- After this you will have to write the name of the employer, title, name of the organization, and the address where the corporate office is situated. Remember that every piece of information should come on new line. Now, you can start your letter with a greeting, “Dear Mr. (last name)”
- Start writing first paragraph, which should start with an introduction of you as a surgical technologist. Do not forget to write your interest in this position and organization. If you have any references, then mention the name in the first paragraph
- In the second paragraph, highlight your experience and abilities. Also, if you have achieved some special award, then write the same in this paragraph
- For the last paragraph, make sure that you exhibit a good amount of confidence for executing the position advertised and your wish to meet the employer for a personal interview. Remember to thank the employer for giving their time and close the letter with your sign
These are some things to consider while writing a cover letter. However, below you will find a sample surgical technologist cover letter, which gives you a better idea.
4986 Boone Crockett Lane
Date: March 6, 2011
Viva Health Solutions
491 Still Street
Dear Ms. Bates,
With my experience in the surgical room, not only do I have an educational background in this field but also a vast work experience as a surgical technologist assistant, and hence, I am writing this application letter to apply for the position of a surgical technologist. When you go through my resume you will come to know that I have a vast experience and I would be the perfect match for this position with Viva Health Solutions.
Below you will find a short summary about my experience and skills that you will also find in a detailed format in my attached resume:
- I have a good attention to detail and this quality has always helped me in tracking surgical materials, which are used in the operating room
- I have a detailed experience in the fields of post and pre-surgical care that is to be provided to the patients
- I can also take care of all the lab specimens and label them appropriately
- I also have some experience in organizing the operating room
According to my knowledge, an efficient surgical technologist is someone who knows how to work with a surgical team, work properly in coordination with different working conditions and various personalities. I am confident that I have all these skills and these skills would be beneficial for your organization as well. I have also provided a few personal recommendations, which would help in taking your decision.
I would like to meet you, so that we can mutually agree on the job position and requirements. You can give me a call at 360-406-9729 or drop an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format your cover letter before sending and check for any grammatical errors. All the best!