Veterinarian Essay Topics
701 Words3 Pages
The topic I chose was veterinarians. What is a vet (short for veterinarian)? “Vets are animal doctors” says Dee Ready. They care for sick animals. “Just as people visit the doctor when they are sick, animals need help of doctors too” says Betsy Imershein.
What do veterinarians do? The vet may operate, fix a broken bone or give an animal a shot. Whatever is wrong with an animal is what the vet has to do.
There are different kinds of vets. Some care for pets. This includes dogs, cats, birds and things of that nature. Others care for farm animals. This includes cows, pigs, goats, sheep, horses…show more content…
Where do they generally work? When the vet is in an animal hospital, he will be in the examining rooms, operating rooms, and then the sick ones may stay to be watched closely. Farm vets have to go to the sick animals often because the animal is to big to take to him.
People help veterinarians. “Vets need help with their work” says Betsy Imershein. The person helps by answering the phones and plans visits. Sometimes the person helps with operations or assists the vet.
The pay scale is different. It is according to what kind of vet you are. Large animal vets earn between
$37,000.00 and $37,500.00. Mixed animal vet get $35,000.00.
A small animal vet gets between $36,300.00 to $37,600.00.
The biggest task of all vets is to help others.
They help animals and people. They take care of and help heal people’s pets. A farm animal vet helps the farm animal have babies. Most of all “vets show people how to care for their animals” said Grant Compton.
Ready, Dee Veterinarians. Minnesota: Bridgestore book,
Crampton, Grant What Do Veterinarians Do? New York: Dodd,
Mead & Company, 1964
Imershein, Doctor Betsy The Work People do Animal Doctor.
New York: Simon & Shuster, 1988
Bellville, Rod and Cheryl Walsh Large Animal Veterinarians.
The Most Interesting Research Paper Topics In Veterinary Medicine
It isn’t difficult to write a strong research paper in veterinary medicine if you are truly interested in the field and want to learn more about some of its aspects. The success of your work largely depends on the topic you choose. Don’t go after tried and overused themes but give preference to original topic ideas. This trick will help your paper stand out from the pile of quite similar projects by your classmates. Moreover, select an interesting topic for your piece of writing. It’s good if you are original but it’s even better if you are truly passionate about the question you explore and if your readers pick up your passion too.
How to Come Up With an Interesting Research Paper Topic
- Listen to yourself.
- Read more.
Do you want to become a veterinarian? Why? Do you have a pet? What problems are you concerned with when taking care of your cat or dog? Answer these question and you’ll easily find the facets that interest you the most.
Read more about different areas of veterinary medicine. Sooner or later, you’ll come across an interesting idea and will decide to research it deeper and share your findings with the others.
Great Topics in Veterinary Medicine for Your Inspiration
- Equine health care: what are the nuances of looking after a horse?
- How can you recognize that your pet feels a pain?
- How can you determine the sex of a kitten?
- What are the causes of a cough in a dog?
- Why is your pet sneezing?
- Chronic kidney disease: how can one diagnose the case without a vet’s help?
- Acupuncture to treat animals: how effective is the method and where is it applied?
- Should your pets be given your special attention when it’s too cold outside? What can you do to optimize your pet’s well-being in winter?
- What can you do to diminish the holiday hazards to your pet?
- What litter types does your cat prefer and what can you do to stop your pet’s inappropriate elimination?
- How do veterinarians treat cancer in animals? Do the therapies differ from those applied to treat people?
- What is Cushing’s disease and how is it treated?
- What do veterinarians do to diagnose correctly on the first try?
- How are cardiac diseases in pets recognized and what medications are used to treat the cases?
- What is Addison’s disease? How is it diagnosed and treated nowadays?
- What should you do if your dog is diagnosed with hypothyroidism?
- What are the symptoms of antifreeze poisoning in animals?