Dcu Library Refworks Bibliography
RefWorks is an online reference management tool. RefWorks will export citations directly from UConn Library research databases, help you organize your materials into folders, reconnect you to thePDF of most articles using the integrated UConn Full Text Links, and help you create bibliographies/works cited lists in a citation style of your choice.
RefWorks is available at no cost to everyone with a valid UConn email address.
Currently, UConn is using Legacy RefWorks and not the new beta version of RefWorks.
Access RefWorks (The Group Code for RefWorks is rwunivconn and is not case sensitive.)
RefWorks Subject Guide
If you have questions or need some technical support, contact the RefWorks Support Team for help.
By Phone: +1. 800-521-0600 ext. 74440 or +1.734-997-4440.
Support Hours: Monday -Friday: 8am- 9pm Eastern Time
RefWorks is an online tool that manages your references and creates bibliographies.
RefWorks allows you to compile, edit and format bibliographies by importing references directly from library databases, library catalogue, Google Scholar and websites or by entering them manually and inserting them into your finished paper in the citation style of your choice (eg. Harvard).
RefWorks is a great citing and referencing aid, but it is important that you understand the principles of citing and referencing first. The library promotes and supports the Harvard Style of Citing and Referencing which is commonly used in DCU.
Take a look at the Citing and Referencing Page for more information.
New to RefWorks - Sign up for a new account Current User -Logon to your RefWorks Account
6 ways to add references into your RefWorks Account
- Library Databases - Click here for instructions on how to add references from the library databases
- Adding a reference manually - Click on "Add Reference" button
- Library Catalogue - 2 ways - from your RefWorks Account or the Library catalogue
- Google Scholar - Edit the settings to include ...
- Websites using RefGrab-it - Download RefGrab-it from your RefWorks account - Tools
- RSS Feeds
Write-N-Cite 4 (WNC) is a plugin for Microsoft Word that connects with your RefWorks account.
It allows you to insert in-text citations and produce your bibliography in your chosen citation style (Harvard). Write-N-Cite can be downloaded from your RefWorks account and is available as a RefWorks tab in the MS Word ribbon (top of screen).
Using Write-N-Cite - Proquest for Word
Installing Write-N-Cite (Proquest for Word) for Windows
Write-N-Cite 4 changed its name to Proquest for Word in September 2104
- On-Campus and Off-Campus install Write-N-Cite from your RefWorks Account, in Tools menu
- Close Microsoft Word when installing Write-N-Cite
- If you have an earlier version, Write-N-Cite III, uninstall it before continuing. Updates to Write-N-Cite 4 can be installed over the current version.
- Instructions for installing Write-N-Cite 4
- Instructions for DCU users
- RefWorks instructions
Installing Write-N-Cite (Proquest for Word) for Mac
Instructions on RefWorks website, here...
WNC4 installation troubleshooting - RefWorks website
FAQ - I've downloaded and installed Write-n-Cite 4, but can't see the "Proquest" tab in Word, Answer here
If you are having technical difficulties installing WNC4 please call to the ISS Desk. If you are still having problems please email RefWorks - firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the older version WNC3 from your RefWorks account, click on Tools and Previous windows version.
Guide to Write-N-Cite 3
Learn RefWorks in a class. During Semester 1 & 2 there are weekly classes available to all Students in Training Room 1 in Library.
View our Classes & Workshops Calendar for RefWorks classes
Alumni Progam allows graduates from DCU to life-long access to RefWorks.
Access will continue to be available as long as DCU continues to subscribe to RefWorks.
To access the Alumni Program you need to update your profile
Click the link on top of your RefWorks Account Update Profile, change your "Type of User" to Alumni and "Save Profile" (see below).
Using Refworks off campus for the first time
Before you use RefWorks off-campus, you must make a few changes to your web browser:
Access RefWorks off campus
- Go to the RefWorks page, click on "Log On to RefWorks". If you are off-campus it will take you to the DCU Library Databases - Off Campus Access page first. Enter your DCU computer username & password and click on Login.
- If you get an error message saying There is a problem with the website's security certificate - follow the instructions above for using RefWorks for the first time.
- Next, you will come to the RefWorks login page. Enter your RefWorks username and password and click on Login.